Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bittersweet goodbye

Friday was my last official day at Resinall...I will work Tuesday for Ava but things have already changed....no more "Shelley's office, Shelley's phone, Shelley's computer....blah-blah-blah....
It was a bittersweet day for me...I had my moments...I had a crying spell that morning...a happy spell when they brought in lunch and a cute cake (Steve even came to say goodbye), and a breath taking spell the moment I actually stepped out of the door into that parking lot...as I drove out I looked at everything a bit different. The tears came heavier as I thought what have I done!...and then lighter as I thought of WHERE I am going...WHAT I am doing...but there is still a bit of fear in me...its sort of like snatching the rug from under my own feet...and holding my breath...and waiting to hit rock bottom. BUT that rock bottom part will not happen with God's help and my determination.
All weekend I have felt a sense of "loss"..a weird sense of loss, a bit of depression...and as the weekend ends, I still feel that. This is way scarier than I thought it would be...I am going to make it, I think I am just experiencing a bit of "stage fright"...but as the week sets in and I realize I am going to be alright, and life will slow down some for me, I will appreciate what I have done. I have been juggling too much lately...job, kids at home already, my kids, Wade, school, end of summer, vacation, school bus stuff, etc. Now, I can slow it down a bit and concentrate on today...and look forward to my tomorrow...my future.
Thanks for everyone's support, continue to pray for me and my success. Even though you will not hear from me as often, I still need my friends and I will be checking in on you all too.
Thanks to my work friends for making my departure as easy as possible, I think some of you may really miss me...HAHAHAHAAA...and thanks for the goodbye gifts...and all that you have said to make me feel special. A chapter is finished in my life...but that means a new one begins. And I sure do love happy endings...

Does this mean I am a "stay at home mom"...seriously, SHELLEY MAYLE??? LOL! But not forever folks...LOL!

Here is a picture of the cake Doneille made for me from the folks at work.

3 comments:

Donielle said...

Good luck Shelley! I bet it does feel weird especially since you have been there for so long. But I know you have the determination it takes to get where you want to be. If you get to the point where you really need to talk to a "grown up" during the day give me a call. My girls would love the break! Nobody else is allowed to call me before 1:00 due to school, but I give you permission.

Michele said...

Whoo...boy are the tears building up as I read this post...I have tried so very hard not to think about you not being there when I return this week...I am off the hook today b/c you're on the way to my house for the trash the dress pics and then tomorrow you'll be there BUT I know on Wednesday it is going to hit me like a ton of bricks...I am so dreading it!!! It's definately gonna take a lot of getting use to..it's gonna be so different BUT I like you will adjust! You know I wish you well as I've told you before! You'll be fine and will end up much better off in the long run!

That cake is too dagon cute that they did for you! Great work once again Donielle! I am sad that I missed it but glad in away b/c I know that I would have shed many tears that day!

Judi said...

Change is always good. Good luck in what ever you do.