Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Drum roll please....

Presenting TRASH THE DRESS!

Well, my first day of unemployment was spent with Michele finally taking pics in our wedding dresses. You won't beleive some of these photos...

We started off at Michele's house doing hair and makeup as if we were getting "married" again...heavy makeup, lots of hairspray....

Then we set off to Michele's mom's house...put on our dresses...and off we went...

TO THE JUNK YARD! yep- and pictures to prove it. Now, you did not think this would be an ordinary photo shoot did you? seriously...trash the dress...rusty old equipment, crickets in my dress, dirt between my toes, swarming wasp, huge spider webs, rolling sweat, my first time in a crane bucket, goose poop, and fishy smelling dresses just to name a few perks of the day...BUT BOY WAS IT FUN!








Yep, thats me! I stood up, arms out to the sides, and fell right back! I made them promise to save me if I did not come up...that dress was HEAVY in that water!


Poor "PRINCESS"...look at that dress! lol~



I would do it again in a heart beat if I could...it was loads of fun...and the best part was I got to do it with one of my very best friends...
Be sure and visit her blog for more pics....click on her name under "Friends" to the right of my blog page.

Not sure why some of my photos are small...I just can HARDLY wait to see the professional pictures and to see what Tara does with them...black and white shots, etc...I will let you know when she posts them.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shelley,
It looks so fun... I wish I could squeeze in my dress, but I need to shed some 30 lbs before that happens. GREAT PICS....

Kelly said...

You two look FABULOUS! I love the pics! I can't wait to see the professional ones!

Tina said...

AWESOME!! you are CRAZY..love the porch pic.. I think I'd do those except for the pond..

Anonymous said...

Y'all look absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I think doing something like this would be sooo fun. I love the porch one, love the way your dress looks in the tractor one, and the water ones are so cool. Can't wait to see the professionals!

Donielle said...

Ooooohh....black and white!!! I can hardly wait!

Anonymous said...

These pics should be part of a country music video!! LOVE them - too much fun : )

Tara said...

Shelley...I'm going to love love love the porch picture too, and I think you'll be most impressed at how HOT y'all looked!! (and not as in "sweaty!" LOL!)
It was great fun and I can't thank you enough!
Check the blog soon...sneak peaks might be in the works! ;-)

Keri said...

Love the pictures - looks like you guys had a great time! Fun, fun.

Tara said...

finally, here's a preview-the rest up this week, I promise!!
http://photobytara.blogspot.com/2008/09/one-mans-junk.html