Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A future doorman (or woman rather)~!

Since Rylee has gotten tall enough to open doors she has been OBCESSED with opening and closing them...she insist on ALWAYS opening the door when we go outside...she spends much of her energy opening and closing her bedroom door, the closet doors, etc and she is FLAT out driving us crazy with it!

On Sunday night I went to visit Michele and Wade called to say Rylee had LOCKED herself in her room and she was asleep already! Now all of us have the "Bedroom" style door knobs that take a bobbypin to unlock. So, when I got home I attempted the bobbypin and a paperclip with no luck. I ended up removing the doorknob and just left it off. I am sure the locks will be her next obcession so why bother with the knob! LOL! I guess the next question is will I just remove all the bedroom knobs, I don't hardly think so!

I know everyone has kids with "obcessions"...but will this mean Rylee will become a doorman-woman in her later life? I sure hope not! Just thought I would share this little story with you..she is such a strange little character for two years old sometimes, LOL.

So if you come in my house within the next few weeks or months try to understand WHY I am missing a DOOR KNOB...hahha!!!

4 comments:

Donielle said...

They have childproof doorknobs you can buy at WalMart. So instead of keeping it off you could put one of those on her side of the door.

Kelly Vann said...

Shelley I completely understand what you are going through. Dawson has been doing the same thing for months. He is so short that he can barely shut the door, but Dalton helps him. It is Dawson's obscession, but Dalton helps him carry it out. Go figure!!!

Michele said...

I meant to ask you about that when I talked to you y'day but FORGOT! Too funny!

Keri said...

Funny, funny, funny!