Sunday, November 2, 2008

Bentlee's First Wedding



My cousin Paula got married yesterday. It was really pretty and different. She asked Bentlee to be her flower girl and we were thrilled!

The wedding was decorated with a fall theme...chocolate brown bridesmaid dresses, pumpkins, leaves, cotton, and grapevine. Paula is a simple kind of country girl and her husband is a country boy so the theme really fit the two of them.

Bentlee's dress is over 12 years old. My sister, Jessica, wore it in another cousins wedding and my mom saved it. My mom saves so much stuff that has been useful for my girls. The leotards I used for their cat outfits were Jessica's too! I had the dress altered a bit...sleeves and lace collar removed and added the brown trim and sash...and it turned out just perfect.

Bentlee did great in the wedding considering how tired she was from the night before (Halloween)...her basket was filled with fall colored leaves and she threw them all out and did a good job. She did not want to hold the ring bearers hand when they came out but thats okay...she doesn't need to be holding hands with boys at her age anyway, LOL!

Between all the hustle bustle I failed to get a picture of Bentlee by herself! SILLY ME! I do have a pic of her here a few days before the wedding. The picture makes her look a little fat and her hair is still wet from her bath but you can see the dress anyway.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Love the fall colors! So glad all went well and Bentlee did great...I knew she would! Her dress was adorable:-)

Keri said...

Bentlee is adorable - as she always is!