Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"Hunter Dan" got herself a little six-pointer!

"Hunter Dan" (Jessica) got herself a small six pointer Monday night but there was no "hunt" involved.

Jessica babysits for Wade and I 2-3 times a week and has been a real help to us with me going to school or Wade going to the hunting club on Tuesday night (LOL!). Anyway~ she leaves here around 10 or so at night and all of us know the deer have been just awful this year. I always worry about her getting hom without hitting a deer. And she has been lucky until this week...

She called me about 10:15 Monday night and I had just closed my eyes...she wasn't SURE where she was, she told me to head the Woodland way to her house...so, I left Wade at home because we all know Wade and Jessica would not make a good crisis team, HAHAH!!! She was out of Hwy 35 South and the car wouldn;t start. The deer had jumped right out without giving her time to brake and tore the entire front off the car! Deer can be SO stupid and SO smart and CREATE so much damage!

I called Dad and told him it was no need to come, we called 911, and the trooper showed up shortly. Jessica and I had attempted to start the car and it wouldn;t. When the trooper got there the car started right up! No doubt~ FYI- the newer cars have a sensor on them that shuts the engine down on impact and will start back after so much time...so, I did learn something new out of this.

The car was running but the hood would not stay shut...so I got my brain in overload and cut up a t-shirt (ever seen Jessica's trunk full of junk? LOL) and tied the hood down so we could get it home...the trooper said that was a "first" for him...he had never seen anyone use a tshirt to tie a hood down, LOL! I told him it was "Girl Scouts 101"! Even though I was never a girl scout everybody knows I am my daddy's "little boy"! LOL~

I hate I did not have my camera to take pics of the deer but you just can't think of everything when responding to an accident, LOL! I am just so glad she was okay and not hurt...accept for her feelings and her car.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate she messed up her car and her shirt...atleast she was okay. Smart thinking about the shirt, you go girl!!!

Kelly Vann said...

You go Ms. Shelley Benton Mayle!!! You always know how to improvise. Glad Jessica was OK. Sorry about her car.

Kelly said...

Sorry about Jessica's car, but I'm glad she's okay. I hit one on the way to work one morning and it does scare you!!

Kelly Vann said...

I forgot to add...that picture of your mom with the girsl is beautiful. She has always been a beautiful woman to me, but that picture is great!!! Tell her I said she is one of the prettiest grandma's around and she has had to put up with you and Jessica all fo these years. Ha Ha!!!

Michele said...

How bout I have seen more deer run out in front of me since you told me about this the ohter night. Wow...she did tear that front end up!

Judson's Mommy said...

I knew you would come up with something. Wade had better be glad he found a smart woman like you. lol Glad she is ok. She can get her car fixed.

Keri said...

Poor Jessica! I'm glad it was just her car that got hurt though. Way to play McGuiver on the hood!

Judi said...

Did it kill the deer?? My husband just ha a deer hit him believe it or not. On his motorcycle. I will be blogging about it soon. She is very luck.

Judi said...

I love the new header!!

Donielle said...

Only you Shelley would be able to think in a snap like that. I'm glad too she wasn't hurt. Btw, thanks for the boards...they look great! Thank you thank you!

Jamie's Block said...

you might be a redneck if...lol..but hey if she killed the deer she can keep the horns and mount them...glad she is ok..the deer are horrible this year. i was on the way to work and a baby and momma were being chased by a dog. i sure hope the hunters didn't kill her bc that baby looked just born.