Monday, August 25, 2008

The FIRST day of school!


Well, the morning started off GREAT! Bentlee woke up EXCITED about school...her dad got her dressed and I got her hair done...we were ready for the BUS! We went out on the porch around 7am....waited, waited, and waited....NO bus! There were several OTHER buses but not one to stop at our house.

Long story short and now that my blood pressure is down a bit and I have made myself known ONCE again at school after a breif visit to the school office (LOL for you folks that remember my PTA speech last year!)....the bus WILL stop at our house in the morning...and I guess I will have to post pictures of her first bus ride tomorrow...no thanks to the ignorant secretary that lines up buses at our elementary school. Yes, I am going to keep my comments to myself for fear of cursing and just plain ruining my blog...but when my daughter is DISSAPOINTED, I am DISSAPOINTED, lol~ I am trying to smile about this and I should try and remember it is the first (hectic) day of school. But I stood waiting for the bus, camera in hand, only to have to DRIVE her to school (all the while, rehearsing what I would choose to tell that secretary...lol!).

HOORAH! Bentlee is in Kindergarten....LOL! She was SO cute this morning and RARING to go...with her BRATZ bookbag that is bigger than she is...and her Hannah Montana lunchbox...and her glittery folders and fresh crayons...and still carrying that sweet innocent look of my baby...










Nope, I did not cry this morning, I was too mad to cry....tomorrow, WHEN the bus stops at our house...I will CRY!

Until tomorrow....

8 comments:

Tina said...

She HAD to show me that bookbag this morning.. and, I could do without either of them having those Bratz anything.. Karley's is Lil Bratz though.. darn the difference.. they all still look like prostitutes! LOL!!

Kelly said...

As always, she is too cute! My girls decided this year that they were big girls and did not need me to walk them to class! :(

Michele said...

Bentlee is to dagon cute! I bet you will get an ear full about her day today! Can't wait to hear what you have for tomorrow's blog:-)

Mandy said...

Good Lawd! That is a huge book bag! Poor child is going to have back problems if she fills it up! The pictures are too cute! In your header picture, she looks like she should be teaching class, rather than a student in it! I hope things are better tomorrow!

Judi said...

She is too cute!! I still remember the first day of Kindergarten for both of my kids.

Judi said...

I love the background change!!!

Judi said...

I love the background change!!!

Holms and I said...

How sweet is she!! Hope the bus stops tomorrow or I feel really sorry for the sec!! Can't wait to see pics!!