Thursday, August 14, 2008

Manic, crazy, or FUN?

Mom says I am "manic", Wade says I am "crazy, and I think I am "FUN"!
With the persuasion of Michele (see her post tomorrow b/c she was the first to do this), I pulled my wedding dress out! Michele has not preserved hers so this was a bigger deal for me...but, I pulled my dress out of the preservation box and held my breath...stepped into the dress...sucked in my gut (after having two kids!)...and guess what...




















IT FITS! HOORAY!

















It was almost like Christmas time...so fun to actually see and feel my dress again. I wanted a "Cinderella" dress with a BIG poofy bottom...and thats what I got! When I got married I actually wore 2 crinlins (not sure about that spelling) under my dress and it was VERY big.
So, anyway...what really inspired this was Michele's decision to "Trash the dress"...and I just think that is a WAY cool thing to do. Brides are getting in their wedding dresses again and taking some "odd" photos at different locations...at the beach, water fountains, farms, etc. After some thought, I figured, "why shouldn't I do the same?" What are the ODDS I will ever wear the dress again...ZERO....so, its out of the box and I am planning to "copy" Michele and "Trash the dress"...now, I am NOT going to roll around in the mud with my dress on but Michele says you have to be willing to at least get it wet....no problem. Lets do it! And have some FUN!
Our plans are to do this in September...we'll be sure to post pics or let you know where you can see the pics.
To get an idea of what we are about to do visit www.photobytara.com or visit her blog www.photobytara.blogspot.com. Its all the RAGE for married women with a wedding dress that will never be worn again. And yes, I do plan to preserve my dress again in case my girls want it. What are those odds...15 years from now Bentlee will wear my dress...not hardly...but it will there if my girls want it.
Excuse the hair and makeup in these photos...these were taken at 10pm last night, LOL! And the photos are compliments of WADE, LOL!

13 comments:

Tina said...

You ARE crazy as hell!! I didn't preserve mine yet either, but I can't bare the thought of trashing it. I 'm pretty sure I can still fit in it-considering I refused to wear a gurtle(sp) that day, and I'm lighter now than I was then! I would LOVE to try it on though, just to get that feeling again after 8 yrs.. Humm, maybe I'll participate in the photo op, but wetting it...I'll think on it.. but,, yes, you ARE still crazy and probably manic too!

Kelly said...

Lucky you! After 14 years and A LOT of extra poundage, I wouldn't be able to get in mine, much less zip it up! Thank God, I "trashed" it, literally! After a divorce, who wanted that thing lying around!

Shelley and Such said...

According to Tara, they clean up just fine...providing you stay away from oil, etc....
So, its not REALLY trashing it...just having a little more fun in it...LOL!

Donielle said...

Ok, so I procrastinate a little...my wedding dress is still hanging in my closet!! No joke, after 8yrs. I don't think it will get all the way cleaned now b/c it has a few brown spots on the front from not getting cleaned and just hanging there I guess. Which sucks b/c I would love to save it for the possibility of one of my girls wearing it one day. But let's get to the main point...I am SURE I can NOT fit into my dress now. So, YOU GO GIRL!!!!

Tina said...

Oh,yeah, forgot to mention that you still look GREAT in your dress!!

Shelley and Such said...

And I failed to mention, I could HARDLY breath! LOL! Thanks for the compliments...even though I did look terrible in these.

Mandy said...

My dress is preserved and I couldn't take it out for that...but I commend you for doing it. I saw that site and thought it was really cool. Have fun with it! It is out of the box now, so why not?!?!

Shelley and Such said...

Mandy~
Years ago I wouldn't have considered taking my dress out of preservation either but you know so much has happened lately, health wise and other wise...I figure life is too short sometimes to be "con"servative...so, here I go...manic like my mom says I guess, LOL!

Wendy said...

OK, so now you have got me wondering if I could fit in my dress after 23 years. I am so bad, mine is still hanging at my moms, not preserved and I haven't looked at it in years.

I am definetly checking that out. Stay Tuned...

Tina said...

Yep, mine's coming outta the guest BR closet this weekend.. It's not be cleaned or anything.. but I did make a point to bring it to my house.. Gotta try it on.. I shouldn't have been SO confident that I can wear it.. I am smaller (a little) but I DO have the 'c-section baby belly shift' going on...OMG!
hopefully will post Monday..

Judi said...

OK mine almost got thrown away twice. I juts had my 25 wedding anniversary. I know for a fact I could not fit in to it. But now i am curious. I will have to pull it out. My daughter would never wear it!!!

Holms and I said...

Shelley, You look great!! How awesome is that!! i can't believe ya'll are going to trash your wedding dresses!! I think its awesome!! I can't wait to see pics of it!!

Keri said...

Good for you Shelley! You look great in your wedding dress! I'm pretty sure after 10 years, I can't get into mine anymore. I actually had to hold my breath to get into it on my wedding day! I can't wait to see more photos when you "trash that dress". What a fun idea.