Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Happy BELATED Birthday My Friend!

As you know from our blogs, Tina and I have been friends a VERY LONG TIME! On and off friends, tight friends, distant friends...but never NOT friends...
As I thought of her birthday last week I thought back to some of the pictures we have taken over the years...mainly the pictures we took in our WILDER years...the years when I first started dating Wade...the heavy party years...no fears, no bedtimes, no responsibilities, no KIDS, no nothing... just FREEDOM!
I met Wade (now my husband and the father of my children) when Tina was dating his brother some 12 years ago...we drank too much, smoked too many cigarettes...took off on trips to the beach at a minutes notice...only to get kicked out of a hotel room and drove home in the middle of the night...but it was about 10 of us with two single beds, LOL! Those were the days...
Now, we share in our "faith" and we share our families...we party less, have way too many responsibilities...way too many fears...and not nearly enough time for each other...but we are still friends...no strings attached...you call me when you can, you email me when you can...I will see you when I see you...
I could go on but all of you know I am long winded...and sentimental at times...so,

Tina, Happy Birthday my friend!

Just wanted to share some photos taken some 12 years ago....LOL! You are gonna kill me when you see these but here is my birthday present to you! As usual, I am a few days late but thats me!



10 comments:

Michele said...

I LOVE the pics!!! TOO FUNNY!!!!

Mandy said...

Love it! The last picture looks like the "I Love Lucy" candy factory episode...too funny!

Tina said...

Okay, now that I've stopped crying-- I love you for that!! Thank you.. I remember those pics and that cottage!! Now, as those pics prove, who says BEER is fattening (sp)??? We looked pretty darn good, living off beer, cigs, and nabs!!

Tina said...

Picture #2.. The imfamous Tina with her bikini, backpack, flops, and a beer... what else do I need?? Hey, I remember, we cooked spaghetti that night I think.... whose underwear are on my head in #3??

Shelley and Such said...

That is the hurricane cottage...the one when Wade put the TV in the closet...the one where Julie and Eric stayed down stairs ALL weekend...the one where we stood on the counters and sang...lined beer boxes around the window treatments...and I have pictures of somebody pulling your pants down...glad I left that one out aren't you!
I LOVEEE both of those pictures of you, always have... I was determined to find them and will never part with them. When you have a 50th birthday party I will pull them out again!
And yes, we were pretty thin due to beer, cigarettes, nabs, or a prepackaged sandwich from the gas station in Seaboard! LOL!

Judi said...

Matching shirts how cute is that. Friends are great.

Shelley and Such said...

Oh yeah...I think they MAY be Jim's underwear! LOL!

Tina said...

Whoa!! he was single then!!

Donielle said...

I love the pics!!! I think you look like Tonya in the first one. And how stupid am I...I thought you had a hat on!

Shelley and Such said...

And you were DATING Joel then fool! LOL!!!!