Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Can you feel the concentration?


If you have small kids the picture of concentration has a whole new meaning...I LOVE to watch my oldest daughter Bentlee really concentrate on her work...I can feel the determination she has to please me and herself. It was hard to really capture this moment and I sure do wish I could download the video I took of her counting...if only you can see her little mouth forming the numbers as she writes them and how hard she tries to write them. Can you imagine her saying "firty one, firty two...(thirty one, thirty two)?
Bentlee had some trouble with her small motor skills in PreK. Now that she is in Kindergarten Wade and I can see her overcoming those difficulties more and more each day...she colors better, she forms/writes her words better, and I love to SEE how she is learning by looking at her school work she brings home each day. PreK was a play/learning environment, Kindergarten really takes a learning "curve" of sorts...they are not playing much anymore, they are absorbing SOOO much more. I can only imagine the day I will sit and listen as she reads, which won't be long...we take so much for granted each day...the minutes turn into hours, the days to weeks...PreK to Kindergarten....and tonight I stopped the clock as I sat and watched my daughter with patience and I almost cried as I realized the value of me sitting right there with her...can you really feel her concentration?

3 comments:

Michele said...

LOVE that face! She really does get into her work! Moments like this will stick with you forever:-)

Judi said...

She is adorable!! You won't get that one back.

Keri said...

That picture is priceless!