Thursday, October 23, 2008

My dad

Just wanted to give you a quick update on my dad. His hair is growing back (LOL!) and all is well, he finally returned to work this week. He was not out of work due to cancer but his back had not completely healed. That was a blessing in discuise if you ask me, it helped him slow down and "smell the roses" a bit. He had his 6 month PET scan with the oncologist in Chapel Hill last week and he got a good report. The doctor assures them there is no cure for cancer but dad claims "VICTORY in the LORD". He says it will not come back...and would not discuss future options with the doctor. Praise GOD. Continue to pray for my Dad...his faith is so strong and has taken him this far. November will be the one year mark of his diagnosis.

7 comments:

Michele said...

That is AWESOME girl! So glad to hear that! I wish that my Uncle would get that kind of report...he is having a tough go of it...now they are thinking that something else is wrong with him since he is NOT feeling good at all and hasn't been for over a month now. They are running various test but just can't figure it out...they say the cancer isn't making him feel this badley!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your Dad is doing good! (Prayer does change things)..

Mandy said...

Glad to hear!

Keri said...

Thank the Lord! I am so happy to hear this great news for your family.

Donielle said...

That's awesome Shelley!!

Judi said...

I am glad to hear your dad is doing better.

Kelly Vann said...

Good!!! I am glad to hear your dad is doing well these days. I had heard of his situation last year and believe me you were on my mind and sometimes I could kick myself for not letting you know it, but you know it now. I think you are a very strong person. You handle so much so well...keeping kids, going to school, taking care of your family and friends, being so creative, and dealing with your dad's health issues. We should all give Shelley a round of applause for being able to handle wayyyyyyy more than I think most of us could!!!