Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pumpkin Farm

Friday morning I decided we needed a "field trip", the air was cool, the breeze was blowing and fall was definately tickling our toes (i.e. flip flop days are getting to be few and far between, guess I may buy some toe socks right, lol)...anywho, the three toddlers and I set out for the local pumpkin farm.

The kids really enjoyed this little trip...we even walked the pumpkin patch and had sort of a pumpkin "hunt". The kids kept seeing the pumpkins growing underneath the big green leaves and saw the large yellow blossom. I tried to explain how the pumpkins came from those large yellow flowers...I think I lost them, LOL! I took loads of photos but as you know dial up internet prohibits me from sharing ALL those photos...FROWN!

They each came home with a small pumpkin of their choice and much less energy after all that walking in the patch.

I did manage to upload a new header picture. Sweet Rylee in the pumpkin patch with her long pigtails, did I tell you how much I am enjoying her each day? She is such a joy, such a blessing to be with her each and everyday.

5 comments:

Judi said...

What a great day!!

Michele said...

I wish that we had a local pumpkin patch! What a NEAT day for the toddlers!

Donielle said...

Sweet picture of Rylee! I'm so glad you are enjoying your time with them. They must have slept good that day! BTW...I LOVE the ttd pics!! Sooooo good!

Mandy said...

I love the header picture...and I am sure getting away from the house for a little bit was great!

Keri said...

Fun, fun, fun. Calvin and I are planning our first pumpkin patch visit with Caleb for nice weekend. What are your kids going to dress up as this Halloween?