Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ken Update

I know its been awhile since I updated you all on Ken but there really hasn't been much to report. I talked to Julie yesterday and she said Ken was better yesterday than he has been YET! They finally got his bladder issue resolved and thats been the biggest issue and biggest pain problem, his pelvis is about half way healed, and he did have a shoulder replacement on Friday of last week. She said he was really moving around in the bed which was a good sign and they had removed all of his tubes or they had been shut off. So, HOORAY, Ken will be back soon. He will need physical therapy and they are waiting on insurance approval, which is always a problem these days, but the doctors have released him to go. He is still in Norfolk and they hope to keep him in Norfolk for PT. Thank you for the many prayers for Ken and continue to keep him in your thoughts. He is "out of the woods" but not home...and if you have ever had an extensive hospital stay you know it can be depressing. I have no doubts that Ken will fully recover, nothing has ever held him down.

I have not been back to see him due to my crazy schedule and hectic home life. I know I will be in Norfolk next week so maybe I will finally get to see him then.

Wade and I are taking the girls to see Steve tonight so I will update you all on Steve tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update on Ken.

Judi said...

Lets get these people better. I have enough to worry about LOL. I do worry about everyone. Keep us updated.