Monday, June 16, 2008

The Ted Deanes Scouting Center







On Saturday the restored boy scout camp in Mufreesboro was dedicated to my grandad, Ted Deanes. It has been named the Ted Deanes Scouting Center for some time but this was the official day of dedication. My grandad has over 60 years in the Boy Scouts and has acheived just about every award you can imagine! We are so proud of him. It was such a nice service and all the Deanes' were there...the brothers and sisters I mean, some grandkids, and some great grandkids...lots of community friends and even some smaller scouts that do no know my grandad and how dedicated he was to instilling values in boys just like them. My grandad has really declined in health but he is still the "gruff old man" he has always been...a man of few words and a HUGE heart.

6 comments:

Tina said...

Such an honor!! I know ya'll are proud for him. I wonder though, did his ass starting hurting before ya'll got him back home???? HA!

Judi said...

That is very cool Shelley.

A Visit With Joyce said...

Great Shelly I know that your proud of your Dad. What an honor.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog on a google search for Mr. Deanes. He was my scoutmaster at Troop 125 and I was one of his Eagle Scouts. Had I known about the dedication I would have been there... thanks for sharing those great photos. I haven't seen Mr. Deanes in probably 25+ years.

I'm the current scoutmaster at Boy Scout Troop 101 in Greensboro, NC.

Best Regards,

Steve Worrell
Eagle Scout 1979
steve@ems-source.com

Shelley and Such said...

Too funny Tina! For those of you that do not understand, when Grandad came to Bentlee's bday party he said he was ready to go "because my ass is glued to this chair"! TOO funny! Just like my Pop!

Mandy said...

Shelley, I saw the article about your Graddad in the R-C News Herald today. I know you are so proud of him. What a legacy!