Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wouldn't you know!

Of course this recall is on the infamous swingset of ours, along with other models! BUT, its only the glider hardware! Everyone can stop holding their breath, there will be no more whining from me about putting together another swingset this summer, LOL! But we want our kids safe so we would build another if that was the case, thankfully not.

My blogger friend/old high school classmate, Keri, forwarded this email to me. If I had not blogged our swingset she may not have sent it to me....another advantage to blogging girls!


ALERT: Recall on Swing Sets

ALERT: Backyard Leisure Recalls Swing Sets Due to Fall Hazard

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with Backyard Leisure LLC, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer products: Adventure Play Sets and Create N Adventure Wooden Play Sets. These were sold at Wal-Mart stores nationwide and Wal-Mart.com.

Backyard Leisure has received 114 reports of glider hangers breaking, including three reports of minor injuries to children. Injuries included abrasions and a child being hit in the head by a chain that detached from a hanger.

Photos and more information on the model numbers involved in this recall can be found on the CPSC's website. Let me know if you need me to forward the email with the link.

2 comments:

Keri said...

Glad it turned out to be an easy fix!

Judi said...

I am glad it is any easy fix. The swing set will provide hours of fun.