Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Steve has moved!

Just to let you all know Steve was moved to LifeCare in Rocky Mount yesterday. I have not heard whether he has "settled" in but this is going to be a good move for all of them.

Vicky is doing better emotionally because Steve took a turn for the better on Friday and Saturday. He has opened his eyes again and is following people around the room. ALSO, when Vicky kissed her hand and put it to his lips on Saturday, he "puckered"! TOO COOL! So, he does know his surroundings evidently and he did this more than once!

He has been moved to Rocky Mount to begin a more aggressive treatment plan to wean him off the vent. They will also provide a more one-on-one care for the rest of his body.

We are all excited and BELEIVE this is a good move and hopefully the beginning of the road to full recovery for Steve.

I miss him dearly here at work. He could always put a smile on my face with his morning visits to my office...or a frown if we argued, LOL! If any of you know Steve he is always "UP" to something...good or bad! Playing practical jokes, telling "white" lies to get under my skin, and basically always having a good time wherever he may be...work, home, etc.

I miss Vicky too! She and I can always chat...or vent! Or get an opinion or understand each others moods...I depend on her to be here and its lonely here without her.

Please continue to pray for Steve and his recovery. He and Vicky are kind-hearted country folks and we miss them here at Resinall each day.

2 comments:

Judi said...

I am glad to hear things are going better for Steve. Hopefully he is on a up swing.

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! I am so glad to hear Steve is improving. Keep us updated.

I saw your Dad the other day. He looks great!

Mary Dilday