Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Church

This is an email I got today...I run into folks often that say things like..." I don't think you have to go to church to go to heaven"....and this made me think about those people...it doesn't really answer the question of whether you have to go to church to go to heaven...it just made me think about folks that question church...BTW, if you are what you say you are, a Christian at heart, you WILL want to associate with other Christians in church and elsewhere...you will WANT to learn more about GOD and you will be "hungry for the Lord", you will be drawn to WORSHIP...and if you are a Christian, you will understand where I am coming from...Now, I am not one to push "religion" and God down your throat and I SIN with the rest of the Christians of the world...and NO, I am not going to preach today, LOL!...

Why Go To Church?

A Church goer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and complained
That it made no sense to go to church every Sunday.(or Saturday) 'I've gone
For 30 years now,' he wrote, 'and in that time I have heard something like
3,000 sermons. But for the life of me, I can't remember a single one of
Them. So, I think I'm wasting my time and the pastors are wasting theirs by
Giving sermons at all.'

This started a real controversy in the 'Letters to the Editor'
Column, much to the delight of the editor. It went on for weeks until
Someone wrote this clincher.

'I've been married for 30 years now. In that time my wife has cooked some
32,000 meals. But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for
A single one of those meals. But I do know this.. They all nourished me and
Gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my wife had not given me
These meals, I would be physically dead today. Likewise, if I had not gone
To church for nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today!' When you are
DOWN to nothing.... God is UP to something! Faith sees the invisible,
Believes the incredible and receives the impossible! Thank God for our
Physical AND our spiritual nourishment!

3 comments:

Michele said...

I sooo thought about posting this when I recieved it! You beat me to it...that's ok, I'm glad you did! I knew you would like this email after some or our discussions that we've had. Certain folks came right to mind when I read the email!

Wendy said...

Amen Sister!!

Judi said...

I second that Amen!