Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I'm a country girl but come oooonnnn....

Wade loves field peas and he came home with a grocery bag FULL last night! Other than corn, thats about the only veggie he eats...I am not crazy about them but I will cook them for him! So...I call his mom to get the "scoop"...she says..."lay them out flat instead of refridgerating them because they will be easier to shell...shell them, soak and wash them, and cook them with seasoning meat, bacon will do"...holy POOP! I am a typicall microwave cooker...some stove cooking, Wade does the grill cooking...yayayaa...so, tonight (or tomorrow night!) I will be SLAVING over field peas! They are pretty unshelled but geezzzz....looks like I got a bunch of snakes living on my kitchen floor...Bentlee and Rylee will probably freak out when they see them this morning, LOL!

5 comments:

Michele said...

Girl, you are too funny and so I don't feel like such an idiot! With Mom and David having a garden this year and me being married I'm learning a lot about cooking fresh veggies! And so far so good for me!

Vicky said...

Please bring me any leftovers. As badly as I'm craving fresh veggies, I'm not too proud to beg. You know I'm the chief cook around the house these days, and Steve only eats corn. Hope they turn out.

Judi said...

I would know what to do with them either.

Mandy said...

OMG...so of course I looked at the pictures first and was like, "holy crap, what has infested Shelley's house!" It looked like eels! Thank goodness you actually typed about the field peas, because I would have been really worried! Charlie likes field peas too and hardly no other vegetable. What is up with not liking snaps, but liking something that taste like dirt?

Wendy said...

Not my favorite, hope you enjoy them!!