Thursday, July 24, 2008

My dad is getting his LAST chemo treatment today!

Treatment #6 is today...and the LAST ever we hope! As I told you at his last visit, the doc told him he is in REMISSION. Although there is no cure for Lymphoma, this is the closest we can get to it...God has been so good to our family in answering our prayers.
He is recovering VERY well from his back surgery. He is wearing a brace but it does not appear to bother him much. I think it helps remind him what he can't do...which is good for his busy self!
He was all SMILES at church last night. He does have a few more things going on...soft bones, clogged arteries, etc...small things that can be treated with meds..nothing we can't handle. I told him he is "just getting old"! LOL!
Keep them in yours prayers as they travel to Chapel Hill and back today. Two of their church friends are taking them.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

WOW He sounds like my MIL, takes a lickin adn keeps On Tickin!!

Go head DAD!!

Mandy said...

What a blessing...I know you feel a huge stress relief. I hope things continue to look up!

Judi said...

We are all getting old Shelley!!

Anonymous said...

THAT IS GREAT! HOPE EVERYTHING WILL CONTINUE TO GO WELL WITH YOUR FAMILY..