Thursday, April 24, 2008

Bentlee is 5 years old!




As most of you know, we have all been sick so celebrating Bentlee's 5th birthday on Sunday did not happen. She actually turned 5 Sunday (April 20th) and we did give her a T-ball set and a new kite. Wade went and bought her a little cake on Saturday just b/c we knew the party would be cancelled. When Sunday got here, cake was the last thing on her mind and mine. So, we waited until last night...Wade, Rylee, and myself sang Happy Birthday to her and she got to blow out her birthday candle! You can tell she is still not 100% b/c she only ate like three bites of icing but at least we had a special time for her finally.

Like my friend Keri, I have been remembering where all this time went...the birth of her, bringing her home, being an over-anxious mom, leaving her at daycare for the first day, thinking she would never talk or walk, dealing with her picky eating, getting glasses at a year old, thinking she may never sleep through the night (and she still doesn't alot of times, LOL!), potty training, realizing what it really means to be a parent, smelling her when I kiss her at night, and just so on...and so many memories, and so many milestones that I can hardly remember them all and if I could there is not enough space in my computer to put my thoughts and sweet memories of her....will I remember all this the day she gets married and leaves her mom and dad? Will I be around for that day? Makes me sad and teary eyed to think of that day...and to think my baby girl is FIVE whole years old! Where does time go? Bentlee has a picture collage in her room with several shots of her and the captioned I add at the bottom is..."if only time would stand still"....don't you just wish sometimes you could hit the pause or rewind button? (there are days I would like to hit the fast forward too but not really, LOL!)

Kiss your kids, hug your kids, and tell them you love them everyday...I do!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Time really does fly and it seems to get faster and faster every day. I also wish I had a remote where I could go back and change or revisit things, but that wouldn't be life. Thankfully we have pictures (and scrapbooks)to help us go back and remember the best parts of our lives. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BENTLEE!

Judi said...

Wait until they are "21"!!! Or better still "12" or "13" and want nothing to do with you. Girls aren't as bad as boys. Zach just wanted to be with his friends and have nothing to do with me. Then they come back. Life in great and always full of surprises. I also did a Birthday book for each of my kids. Every year I scrapped one or two pages from their Birthday and put it in one specific book. "The Birthday Book" They love to look at their Birthday books as well as their baby books on their birthday.

Wendy said...

THANKS for making me cry and feel incredible old all in one post!

Very sweet post, glad she is feeling better and the sun is shinning!!