Monday, April 7, 2008

FINALLY FINISHED!







Well girls, I finally finished the 5th birthday party invitations! As I told you before Bentlee wants a Wizard of Oz birthday party this year and I have stressed about the invitations....yeah, yeah, I know, STRESSED over invitations! I just LOVE doing this sort of thing and I could NOT find any good clip art this year for Wizard of Oz so I settled for the best pic I could find. I really wanted ruby red slippers or a close up of Dorothy and the crew but NOTHING! I seriously looked for hours and NOTHING! So, here they are, inspired by the Ribbon Queen, Wendy at SDV! LOL! I just loved all their things with ribbons...Amanda and Judi included. I really wanted to use Amanda's "fastener" but I couldn't find any fasteners at the local Walmart, SURPRISE, surprise, LOL again! So, I settled for using a plain ol' stapler for the ribbon. The invitation is three layers, cardstock, yellow paper, and yellow vellum overlay. Its alright, I must say I have been "craftier" at other times but I am getting a little better...the clip art made me mad but oh well, get over it...others of you that know what I mean when you just can't find that right thingy will feel my pain. Bentlee will be thrilled with them and probably will not sleep tonight in anticipation of taking them to her friends tomorrow. And to the adults that have been invited in the past and got no invite this year, this is a KIDDIE party people, accept being old, JUST KIDDING!
And I could go on about the cake Doneille is making but I will leave that a surprise until the actual day, I can't wait to see it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your invitations are AWESOME!!! You are so creative.

Wendy said...

Very Very Cute!!! Great use of ribbon I might add!! Wish I was invited.

Judi said...

Very Very Cute!! I do love the ribbon!