Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Bring it on!

Bring on the treatments...Dad will have his first official Chemo treatment Friday morning starting at 7:30am. It will last 6-8 hours. Guess that means we will be in the road around 4am to Chapel Hill. I am going to set the coffee pot on STRONG, pack a snack bag, some playing cards, and probably my scrapbooking stuff (if I can fit it in!)...he may not want me to go for the next one, LOL!

Update from today...he, mom, and Klaus ( a dear friend from church) went to Chapel Hill to see the doctor...and dad had to have a Bone Marrow biopsy (?)...they took bone marrow from his hip bone. The doctor is pretty sure its in his marrow and they have checked everything else so this was the last place to look. We did not know they were going to do that and dad is "dopey" again, morphine high...he is seriously funny when he gets pain meds! As most of you know, my mom and dad are not drinkers and I have never seen my dad drunk..but I have a feeling this is what he would be like. And its not pretty! However, he is funny! He talked crazy stuff today again according to mom, he talked about "buying tampons for his girls" ??? and other silly stuff...TOO funny! So, they are headed home after another painful day and ending with eating at Hardee's. He wanted doughnuts but mom said she is not getting lost in Chapel Hill looking for doughnuts! LOL!

Pray for us Friday. I will try to get into a computer Friday to update you on the progress but no promises. Pray for an uneventful day and easy traveling on the way home. And a little prayer for Wade, he will have the girls Friday night! I plan to stay with mom Friday night too just in case she needs me.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

MEGA PRAYERS FOR YOU,MOM & DAD!!!

Judi said...

Prayers are coming all the way from California.