Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A little party tip for serving ice cream

Just wanted to share this party tip with all. I read it in a magazine recently and I am trying it out for Bentlee's party. For ice cream at a party, use cupcake holders, scoop ice cream into each cup, freeze, pull them out at party time....no scooping, no mess! I made up around 50 last night in no time, half chocolate, half vanilla. I used casserole dishes and covered them with aluminum foil to avoid freezer burn. I bought the foil cupcake holders for fear the regular paper one's will not "stand up". I thought this to be a very neat idea...cuts down on all that scooping and asking "which flavor?" during the party. Pull out the dishes and let them self-serve! I do plan to add sprinkles to some of them tonight for the kids, I thought I had some at home but off to Food Lion I go again!

I don't know about you other moms, but I spend all this time planning my girls' bday parties and afterwards I realize I did not ENJOY it! I spend so much time directing and serving that I am not even having fun at my own daughters party! Who can afford a party planner around here?! LOL! So, I am trying to find ways for MOM to enjoy all her planning.

I will let you know if the cupcake holders work well but I do not forsee a problem. Just thought I would share.

3 comments:

Donielle said...

I read that too recently, unfortunately it was after Leah's party so I couldn't try it...sounded really neat. Definitely let us know how it goes. I understand what you mean about not enjoying the parties. However, Leah's party last month was the first one I truly enjoyed. I think it was because I just didn't stress about every little thing. I decided about a week ahead of time that I was giving that up this year. And it worked because it was the best party we have had! (For me at least!) :0)

Judi said...

That sound like a great idea. Unfortunaly my kids are 23 & 21. I don't think that would fly for them. I haven't been invited to one of their birthday parties in a long time.

I so enjoy your blogging.

Tina said...

Go, Martha!! Can't wait to see it. And remember, I'll do your photographing, for a small fee of course! LMAO!