Monday, April 14, 2008

God is GOOD!

I know you all have been checking for a post but I have been too busy to blog this weekend. So.....GOD IS GOOD! We made it to Chapel Hill with no problems, Dad got LOTS of meds, I met his doctor (she is a very compassionate, sweet woman), and we left around 3:30pm.

If you have not been involved with Chemo treatments before, here is a little insight. Basically the third floor of this building is used for Chemo/Infusions. The side we were on had three areas with about 5-6 recliner type chairs in each area and its almost like being at McDonalds or a "drive thru"! Not funny but at the same time, sort of makes you chuckle. There are people in and out, some with family or friends, some alone, they come in, get hooked up, get their meds, and off they go. Then the next person comes, sits down, and the same cycle. The age group was wide, no kids on this floor, but there were men, women, young (around 30's, 40's), old...a wide variety of cancers, leukemia, lots of sickness...lots of those Infuse-a-ports. Dad did well, he had a good size reaction on the back of both arms, like big welps or "bee stings", they itched...the nurse stopped the meds, gave Benedryl, checked vitals, and resumed treatment....nothing major, just a little hang up. Once he was done, they sent us packing...so, we stopped in Rocky Mount to eat, made a short trip into Walmart and Circuit City, and then we came home. Dad did AWESOME! Yes, he went in Walmart after chemo...PRAISE GOD! And folks, I tell you, if you think he got through ALL that medicine without the man upstairs, you need to check yourself! Prayer is untouchable, and thanks to ALL of you...even the one's that do not know my dad, KEEP him lifted up...the man did not get sick, even after the shot he had to take Saturday, and he played the guitar in church yesterday as he normally does on Sundays! He is an awesome man and I am so proud of him...like he said, "one treatment down, 7 more to go!". What a positive attitude! On another note, the doctor did say he would probably "crash and burn" Wednesday. He is on Prednisone (steroids) until Tuesday and when he comes off that, he will experience a "drop" but hey, he was supposed to be sick after chemo too, and guess what, he isn't! Only God knows what will happen, the world just makes predictions.

Once again, thanks friends, we need you to keep all that prayer going!

Two more prayer request: our preacher, Joe, had back surgery Friday, is doing well but eager to get going again. Pray for healing and PATIENCE, LOL!

I have a friend that has a mass in her pelvis, I will not give her name at this time, but she is young, late 20's. This is a SCARY day for her, she is having surgery today and I need everybody to lift her up...she is a faithful person herself and has been supportive of my dad and I just need you all to return the favor. She has two small children and I pray God will bring her through this surgery and take her home with no problems.

I should probably turn this into a PRAYER BLOG! But I know that prayer works, I have witnessed it first hand and I BELEIVE!

4 comments:

Donielle said...

Yay Shelley! What an awesome attitude he has. Just think how wonderful of a testimony he will have when this is done! You're doggone straight God is Good!!

Wendy said...

WOW!! That is fantastic news, I have been checking and checking.

I should have remembered no news is good news!!

Judi said...

I do believe in prayer. A prayer blog would be nice. Glad to hear your dad did well.

Keri said...

I'm so happy things went so well. I will keep your Dad (and family) on my prayer list.