Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Read only if you're down or bored, LOL!

PROBLEMS IN GENERAL:
Through my daily life I encounter all sorts of friends with problems....old problems, new problems, family problems (can I get an AMEN!)...money problems, job problems....lots and lots of problems. Makes me think about what problems I have dealt with and what problems I will have to deal with...how can I encourage my friends with their problems and what sort of encouragement I need. The best answer I can come up with is...SUPPORT. Through this "problem" with my dad, my friends have supported me by just saying they are supporting me...and that means ALOT and has helped me turn my frown upside down. I had the opportunity to support and encourage a friend this morning (which happens pretty regularly around here in the mornings, my problems and others!) and my shoulders, and hopefully theirs, are feeling much lighter.
I know I am rambling but I will get to some point eventually...
I go to church regularly, was raised in a christian home, and most importantly, really have faith in the Lord, yet, my problems seem to grow! I question and I ask why but in the end the Lord shows me the way. My pastor has a saying he uses alot, over and over, and it STAYS in my mind especially when I have PROBLEMS and I talk to my friends about their problems...."He will bring you to your knees" or knock you flat of your back!...He is just that strong.
So, when dealing with some of your problems friends, ask yourself, what is it I need to change, what am I doing wrong, what is God telling me....did "He bring you to your knees"? If not, I suggest you check into your faith...something is seriously wrong.
My point is, in dealing with our everyday problems we should turn to our faith and use the support of our friends. I don't force church down anyone's throat but I honestly beleive "if God brought you to it, He'll get you through it"! No, I wouldn't consider myself a Holy Roller but if you ask me, yes, I beleive in the powers ABOVE! Have faith my friends, you will get through your crisis and the sun will shine again...been there, I know.

FAMILY PROBLEMS:
When you have family problems or you feel like your dysfunctional family made the front page of the "not worth the fifty cents RC News Herald", just remember, EVERYBODY has SKELETONS IN THE CLOSET!....and "this too, shall pass". Next week, nobody will care, there will be another family in dysfunction!

MONEY PROBLEMS:
No comment (I call my DAD, LOL!)

MARRIAGE PROBLEMS:
Advice from me? I am still learning...you got to be kidding!

CHILDREN PROBLEMS:
Still learning...and "I ain't seen nothing yet"....BUT, you CAN NOT choose for your children, just try to SUPPORT them in their choices. I hope I can go by that when my girls get older, LORD help me!

No, I am not considering joining Dr. Phil, I don't speak well in public or in front of crowds, LOL!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

When i make a post like this no one comments. Scared I guess to show their faith. Glad you are not ashamed

AMEN SISTA-GO HEAD WITH YOUR SELF!!
PREACH ON!!!

Judi said...

Shelley,

I have been out of it for a few days and just got to your post. I do believe God never gives you more than you can handle. Keep up the faith.