Thursday, April 17, 2008

Home again...

WEll, I am home again with my virus stricken child...daycare sent 5 kids home with it yesterday and really what can you do? NOTHING~ wait it out...today she has fever (102), no throwing up so far and she is wetting diapers again so i feel sure she is not completley dehydrated...I was worried about that last night. I felt sure I would be at the doc this morning but whats the point with virus', wasted that gas and copay too many times....its a waiting game. She is sleeping alot today and thats what she needs to do.

I know several of you are eager to hear a report on dad and sorry I haven't updated but things have been going smooth with him until yesterday. He had his first bad spell late yesterday evening...flu like symptoms. We knew this was coming and the doc says he will probably experience this same feeling from the 5th to the 14th day from treatment, then he will have a good week, then its time for another treatment. And I am happy to report he is at work this morning and sounding much better...so, there's my praise report for today! Thanks again for all the prayers and support and keep'em coming, don't let up!

Ava and Elaine, thanks for holding the fort down, what a week for me to be out! I am so sorry.

Kenny, my "big boss"...I am in debt to him for LIFE~! He and his wife picked up the swingset yesterday in Raleigh...HOOOORRRAAAAAYYYY! Now IF we can get it put together, that will be another miracle...Did you know the forecast is calling for rain now!? YEP! ALL this trouble and possible rain....BUT, I will continue to think positive until Sunday AM when I get up and see for myself....PRAY for sunshine! (I will even take overcast with no rain, PLEASE!)

Got things to do....no need to burn all this vacation and not get anything accomplished!

2 comments:

Judi said...

I am glad things are going a little better. My Dad had Lung cancer 3 years ago now and the Chemo was really bad. Each time it was different. I am glad to hear your Dad is getting through his first week ok. Keep up the faith and I will keep him in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

hi shell,
thinking of you often and have you in my prayers. i know that it is difficult time.
your scrap friend from sdv, in case you forgot i sat to your right.