Monday, April 28, 2008

We finally had THE party!

The weather held out and we finally had B's party...and boy, was she excited! HER day had finally arrived. She wore the "Princess" button that came on her birthday card from Wade and I and she was a "Princess"!

Once everyone arrived the fun began...we had the new swingset, a SpongeBob bouncing center, and T-ball and the kids played hard. Then it was time for the cake. Doneille made the cake and did a FANTASTIC job (she is in my Friends section to see more of her work) . Not only was it original, creative, and colorful...it was YUMMMMYYY! Bentlee just loved it! My dad said a prayer and blessed the cake and the kids and the weather, we sang "Happy Birthday" to her and the craziness began with the food. The ice cream cupcake cups worked out great, I strongly encourage anybody to use the idea...so, easy and less mess! You can see them in some of the pics beside the cake. Mom and some others just walked around with the trays and served them very easily. We had cake, ice cream, chips & cheese doodles, peanuts, and strawberries. Its tradition to have strawberries at Bentlee's party just b/c its usually the start of strawberry season and her first birthday party was Strawberry Shortcake.
After cake, it was finally time to open the presents! Bentlee sat in her new Princess chair from Jessica and Steven to open her gifts...she got Barbies, a stuffed puppy, jewelry, clothes, a cute bicyle helmet with her name on it, a Hannah Montanah shirt from her dad b/c he had to work ;o( , and loads of other stuff. She was/is very thankful for everything and she always has been since she was very small.
Next, we did the pinata and the kids always have a good time with that. We started doing this last year and will probably do it every year from now on. We had a rainbow pinata this year loaded with suckers, whistles, chocolate, and much more.
The kids played a little longer and things began to wind down. I think I counted 18 kids including Bentlee and Rylee!

Thanks to GOD for the awesome weather....it was just perfect, not hot, not raining...we could not have asked for a better day.

As for me, I had a really good time for the first time ever I think...I enjoyed the entire party but there is one MAIN reason for that....TINA! As most of you know when we rescheduled the party it meant Wade would not be there b/c he had to work and he is at a new job, therefore he did not feel it would be right to ask off....so, he could not help me. Tina came Saturday and helped me ALL day in the yard...and she was there again yesterday, by my side, taking my orders (LOL!), and just a huge reason for our fun and successful party! Tina, I owe you BIG time! She came early on Sunday, got ice from the store, ran the digi camera and the video camera, ran interference with the kids, served food and drinks, cleaned up afterwards and I just could not have done it without her....it means the world to me. THANKS FRIEND!

And to my dad, thanks for cutting the grass...and to those of you that don't know WHY I would have asked him...we have a new zero turn lawn mower that I took my first and last trip on Saturday...don't ask, just know, we are lucky the swingset is still standing b/c those things are not as easy as they look and there is no brake, LOL!

Thanks to all my other friends that pitched in and helped...LOVE YA!

Happy 5th Birthday Bentlee! Love, mom and dad

Will post pics next, system will not let me do it just yet... ;(

No comments: