Friday, May 2, 2008

A few things...

Don't forget dad is getting his second chemo treatment today...pray he will have as good a recovery as last time please.

Brittany, my 16 year old neice, was in a car wreck yesterday. She ran off the road, flipped the car twice and is VERY lucky! She has a few scrapes and I am sure she will have some bruising. Pray for my sister, she is having a hard time with Brittany...we all know what it was like to be 16 and so very blind...Pray Brittany will make better choices in life.

As most of you know, I have been doing Weight Watchers since January...13 weeks now. I have lost 20.6 pounds and proud of it...if any of you struggle with your weight you know how hard it is. I have always struggled with my weight and am a classic yo-yo dieter. This time I decided it would be a lifestyle change for me. But the past few weeks I have fallen off the wagon so to speak...last night I weighed in and had my first gain, 1.4 pounds! I was so dissapointed in myself, so I am back on the wagon, swearing off high fat sweets, Mountain Dew, and McDonalds (other than salads!)! I have been pretty dissatrous so I should have known but....oh well. Got to do better and thats why I continue to pay and weigh every week, it keeps me in line. Answering to those scales does something to me mentally. My father in law has done so VERY well and I am so proud of him...I think he last told me he had lost 33 pounds and he has been doing it about 2-3 weeks less than me...give him a hand! He loves sweets more than I do and nothing makes us happier than to eat a good meal and follow with a good dessert...gotta have a low fat dessert from now on!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

I heard about that wreck this morning, but had no idea it was your niece. I heard she was mighty lucky! Good luck to your Dad today!

Donielle said...

She didn't have Bentlee did she...b/c I think that was her who picked her up yesterday. Wow...maybe this will help her make better choices. I'm glad she is ok.

Shelley and Such said...

That is Jessica that picks up Bentlee sometimes, Brittany is younger and looks way more like my sister.

Judi said...

I am glad to hear your niece is O.K. That is teenagers for you. They do figure it at some point. I have been on NutriSystem for three months. I lost 15 pounds and now I have stopped. I am not giving up. It is a life style change. I want at least 10 more by July 4th. I will keep you posted.