Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Jerry!


Today is Jerry's birthday, my father-in-law. Jerry and I used to spend alot of time together and we have alot in common. We are both soft in our heart, share the same passion for family time, love our flower beds and our pictures....we used to walk each others yard and chat about different flowers or what would grow where, what wouldn't grow, what we "killed", and so on...we enjoy each others company and have had many memorable moments...when I was pregnant with Bentlee I had no one to shop with the day after Thanksgiving. I was in Franklin, he was in Emporia, and for some reason we ended up calling each other and meeting to finish our shopping. We had so much fun that day. This is just one of many good times we have had together. Before Wade and I were dating I would stay at their house most weekends because I lived 50 minutes away. Jerry, Alycia (Elliott's wife), and I would get up early, drink coffee, smoke countless cigarettes and chat about whatever...I will never forget those times. I could go on but my point is, since I have had children and my life goes "90mph down I95 everyday" we don't get to spend that time together anymore. Even when the family gets together, it always seems hurried and everyone has someplace else to be. Its unfortunate but I still love him and I wish we will have those times again one day. These days we have resorted to email or a 10 minute phone conversation.
Today, I wish you a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jerry! I love you and pray we will have more time together one day.
Oh yeah, this picture was taken almost a year ago and Jerry is over 33 pounds LIGHTER! Thats another passion we share, EATING! LOL!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Great picture.. I know you do miss those days-- oh, how about the trip to VA for flowers and making them for Alycia's wedding!! What a day(s)!!!

Judi said...

What a nice Birthday tribute. We all need to make time for the little things in life. It goes by so quickly.