Friday, May 9, 2008

The prayer of a child

This email pertains to my friend that was in the wreck. I received this from Ken's wife , they are separated and according to Melissa, "there is alway an underlying love for the man of your children, regardless of the circumstances"....this is very touching.

The email read...
"Many of you may have already heard about the horrible accident my husband was in on Sunday and some of you may not have. Ken was in a motorcycle accident on Sunday and is in the hospital and I had to tell the children about his condition yesterday and I have never been so nervous to talk to my own children about anything. I had been to see Ken earlier that day and I was a basket case so I was expecting the worst I guess, but children surprise you with their strength. Chase has done really well, but he is a lot like his Daddy and holds a lot in (tough guy syndrome is what I like to call it). I will be going to see Ken again tomorrow and I thought I would type up the prayer that Chase said the night I told him about what happened to his Daddy and that his Daddy was in the hospital hurt. I think when he finished saying his prayers, I just sat there for a second with tears streaming down my face because I had never seen or heard that side of Chase and I knew then that God had a plan for something good to come out of this accident for Ken and Chase. Please read the attached prayer and keep Ken in your prayers."

A CHILD'S PRAYER
By Chase Rountree
(and Abby)
Dear God.
Please make my Daddy better.
Be with him and make him stop hurting.
Make him better so me and my Momma and Abby can go and see him.
Hold his hand and make him better.
because I love him so much.
Amen

"Since I told Chase his Daddy had been in accident and had been hurt, Chase has prayed
this prayer every night before he goes to bed. Sometimes your children will amaze you
and lift you up and I hope that is what this prayer does for Ken because he has so much to keep him moving forward toward getting better."

I couldn't copy and paste the picture of Chase and Abby at the bottom of the prayer but you still get the "picture".
Pray for them all.

2 comments:

Judi said...

Out of the mouths of babe's. What a great prayer. I think kids really get it. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Their mom sounds sad but sweet, really neat prayer