Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Update on Ken

Just wanted to update you all on Ken...he is doing a little better each day I beleive. He is still in ICU, he is breathing a little better, and opening his eyes. Julie says he is talking but very hard to understand. She is still encouraging everyone to wait on visiting just because he is not "Ken" yet.
We still have hopes each day that he will be moved to a regular room and everyone can start visiting. After my visit with him last week I understand why its best to wait...I visited on his worst day and it gave me a bad feeling. Julie says he is looking much better now. I know some of you are concerned that he has not really "come around" and he is still in ICU but the nurse said it is best that he is sedated and comfortable for the time being.
Again, we have to remember that Ken is phyically strong and STRONG headed...I beleive he will get through this but its gonna take time and its gonna take alot of prayer and encouragement. Please keep he and his family on your prayer list. Julie and Kenny, their dad, are traveling almost everyday to see him and Melissa is going as often as she can. She has not taken the kids but she will when the time is right, mothers know best and I think she is doing the right thing. Chase is giving her a bit of a problem but what child wouldn't...just keep them all lifted up as they deal with this accident and during their travels to the hospital.
Lastly, someone has posted my blog address on RaceRap.com and for those of you checking my blog for Ken updates, I am not updating everyday but you are welcome anytime. And I can bet you, #43 WILL RACE AGAIN! I will let you all know where you can send cards, etc. after I talk to Julie again.

1 comment:

Judi said...

Michelle what were they racing? I hope he is going to be Ok