Monday, May 5, 2008

Two prayer request

I lived in Union all my life until I moved to Conway eight years ago. The Swanks have also lived in Union as long as I can remember. They have three daughters, all my age and younger. The middle daughter, Melissa, passed away this weekend. I have not heard the official report but I heard congestive heart failure? I was not close to these girls, their mom managed the cafeteria at my school, my mom and dad knew their mom and dad, and we attended the same parties during our high school years. But anyTIME someone this age passes away it hits home and makes us realize once again, how short life could be. This girl never married and never experienced having children...she has missed so much in life. This is also another time that makes you question God and his plans...but again, we have to realize that God needed Melissa no matter how hard it is to accept. My prayer is Melissa is in heaven...and I pray comfort upon her family. I can only imagine the loss they are feeling...

My long time friend from high school was in a bad motorcyle accident late yesterday afternoon. He is in Norfolk with a broken shoulder and crushed pelvis. I am not sure of the details of the accident but I just know he is LUCKY! I pray this accident will somehow change his life. He has always been somewhat "wild and crazy", likes to have a good time, races cars in his spare time, and I need for you all to pray he will have a full recovery. He has a long road of healing ahead. I will keep you posted but as of this morning, he is having surgery on his shoulder, possibly putting in a rod, and I am sure the next step will be repairing his pelvis. Pray that God will use this to accident to change his life. I got this same call about this same guy about 13 years ago, he was in a bad car wreck, luckily he fully recovered from that and I sure hope he will do the same this time. He has been on the road to "disaster" for some time and something surely needs to slow his life down.

Please add these to your prayer list.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

What a Monday Morning Shock! I remember Melissa, we went to RCCC together. I remember her car breaking down in front of the Ahoskie Inn and I lent her my cell phone. Wow! I just can't get over it! I hope prayer can bring comfort to that family and they realize she is in Heaven and will forever be their own personal angel.

Judi said...

It is always hard to hear of a death. It really makes you think of your own life and are we doing enough here while we can. God does have a plan. It is just hard to sometimes figure out what it is.