Thursday, May 8, 2008

Laugh or Cry?

WEll.....I went to the hospital to visit my friend and he was not doing well. He had been heavily sedated through yesterday morning and had not "come around". He was agitated and groggy. I spoke to him a couple of times and he opened his eyes but did not say anything. He had a 6 hour operation on Monday so I guess I shouldn't have expected him to be "good"...I just felt so sorry for him, I don't wish anyone to be in his condition. I am not sure what else to say except I sure hope he turned around during the night...pray for him please...

So, I left the hospital and this is where my day got interesting...there was an accident in the midtown tunnel, I was not sure how to get out by the downtown tunnel so I called work and got two guys on the phone that helped me maneuver to where I needed to be...one and a half hours LATER, I made it to the downtown tunnel...it was AWFUL and I heard on the radio "very unusual for traffic to be this backed up in this area"...go figure, my luck.

I made it back to Chesapeake, got ALL of my gifts bought and in the car, stopped at one last store and was going to make my way over to Chick-Fil-A and head home...I pulled out of my parking space, got another 200 yards or so and my car "died"! My faithful Honda Civic! my sweet ol' Honda with loads of Goldfish crumbs in the backseat...my dirty ol' Honda! I love that car, not the room, but I love the way it drives on country roads and takes $36 to fill it up (used to be $19 ;o( )...it was 7pm and I am in Chesapeake, by myself (which is not unusual)...BROKE down...no AAA and no idea what to do. I broke the news to Wade, called my dad to see if his trailor would hold my car, and NO DOUBT...my Dad insisted on coming to get me! He was in the bed, remember yesterday was his first "down day"...I begged him not to come but didn't get anywhere...he promised me mom would drive and he would rest. NOPE! He drove all the way there and home. Once they got there I asked two guys at the Gator bar (I was in between Outback and the Gator bar if any of you are familiar with the area) to help us get it on the trailor, we grabbed a bite to eat, and we were Carolina bound!

My poor old Honda now sits in the yard waiting for the guy to come and check it out! Thank goodness we have three vehicles between the two of us! But I want my HONDA back! And I am sure I will get it, but whats it gonna cost!?

If you have a set of AWESOME parents like I do, you can relate, but I cried after we got the car loaded...my mom and dad to the rescue again! What will I ever do without them...Dad assured me I was lucky and he is right, I broke down in a parking lot, not on the side of the road and I was safe. And I need to add, the lady driving the parking lot security truck was very nice and came by to check on me a few times.

So, I wasn't sure whether I wanted to laugh or cry. I think I did a little of both ;o) so, here's another day in the life of ME! Don;t you wish you were me these days? LOL!

2 comments:

Judi said...

Shelley,

I so enjoy reading your blog. You have a great life and a wonderful family. I still have both of my parents but they live out of state. Sometimes I wish they were close.

Wendy said...

Sounds like someone was watching over you all day. Don't you love it when parents are always there when you need them? I know all I have to do is call Jack not matter what and he is always there for me