Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Updates

Melissa Swank is being buried tomorrow. From what I have been told, she did die of some sort of cardio pulmonary something (heart and lung problem)....sorry to be so vague but as I said before, my medical terminology is not great. The funeral is at 3pm at the Methodist Church near their house. The viewing is from 12:30-2:30pm at the church. We can only imagine the pain her family is going through, remember them tomorrow during that difficult time...and many days after.

My friend had a long surgery yesterday, had his bladder, shoulder, and pelvis repaired and what not. I am going to see him today. He may or may not know I am there but I need to go and support them. Please keep him, his children, and his family lifted up.

My dad started his "bad days" today, 5th through the 14th days after chemo are the "bad days". He is very tired and his thinking is not so clear but thats okay, he will come around. He claims he is going fishing this weekend and there is no doubt in my mind, he will!

Just in case any of you need to know, its National Nurse's Week and National Teachers Week! My mom is the best nurse and my kids teachers are the best also! Let them know how much you appreciate them this week...like Machel says, she spends more time with Rylee (and did with Bentlee) than Wade and I do!

2 comments:

Judi said...

Good luck to your Dad. He will be in my prayers and thoughts today.

Anonymous said...

I hope when you and Wade went to see Ken, that he was getting along better, he has a long road ahead.
Ken, his family, Julie and Kenny are in our prayers.