Monday, May 5, 2008

PRAISE report!

I have fantastic news about Dad! He had the chemo treatment Friday, did very well again, came home and went straight to church to help with the Youth Rally on Saturday, spent the day at the Youth Rally Saturday, got home around 11pm that night, and had a BIRTHDAY yesterday! Wade, myself, and the girls went to visit yesterday afternoon and he was just BUSY, steady doing something in the yard, raking leaves, etc, and just being his busy old self. Thats my dad!

Mom is concerned because he won't slow down but mom needs to realize that staying busy is just what keeps him going. My dad and I definately have the same blood running through our veins....staying busy also keeps me going! Mom is no one to talk either, she is also doing something herself all the time, LOL!

Now for the PRAISE report....the doctor told Dad Friday the cancer is not in his bone marrow! Thats the best news we've heard all weekend, I will post later about other bad news among our friends. With the cancer not in his bone marrow his chances of going into remission are much higher...and dad was just esctatic with his news! Dad told me he was definately going to beat this now and I replied, "Dad, we knew that from the beginning, I never doubted you would beat this". Praise GOD!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

That is awesome news! Your Dad sounds alot like my Daddy. Staying busy is his way of dealing with most things in his life. He is the hardest working retired person I know! I hope things continue to look up and after a while this will all be a thing of the past.

Keri said...

God is good! This is wonderful news. I am so happy for your Dad. What a fighter he is - that cancer picked the wrong man to mess with.

Judi said...

This is great news!! My Dad went hrough this recently and he told me if he slowed down that was the only time he felt sick. If he was busy it was easier to deal with. It is hard to really know how he is feeling. Keep it up DAD!!