Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Update on my friend in the accident

My friend is in bad shape, it seems he has a bladder injury and is in surgery to repair that this afternoon. He still has not had his shoulder and pelvis operated on, there was a delay on Monday. Overall, he is better and his pain is somewhat under control but he has a long road of recovery ahead of him.

I am asking you all to pray for him and pray for his sister. She is the "backbone" of that family and she is deeply concerned about how she is going to manage everything considering the long recovery. She is going to need lots of prayer...as some of you may know, the equal victim is the family in alot of cases...its just as hard on the family as it is on him.

I wish I could reach out and help but I am not in the position to do so...all I can do is pray and I need for you all to pray. This family is weighing on my mind heavy...like I said before, I have known them for years, grew up with him from Kindergarten through 12th grade, I was there the day they buried their mom, my husband and I were friends with he and his wife, and I have befriended his sister the past couple of years.

I know I have alot of prayer concerns but I have witnessed what prayer can do and I know I have to put my faith in the man upstairs. I pray today that this family will pull through and net them closer together.

Be sure and read Melissa's comment on this post b/c I failed to mention the children...and she is right, its going to be difficult on his children as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I visited Ken today and he seemed to be doing well considering the pain he is in at this time. He is in my prayers. There is a special love you have for the father of your children and I am hoping those prayers will lift him up and pull him through this horrible experience he is having to go through. Please pray for his children because I will be telling them today what is going on with their father and I know it will be hard for them to understand and they will want to be with him. We will all have to pull together for Ken and help him recover because that is what is important right now.

Tina said...

It's never easy to get news of a friend's illness or injury- not only are we sad, but we feel SO helpless. But, try to find peace in knowing you ARE doing all that you can at this point. Be there and show your love and support for Ken and Julie. They both will need it, not only now, but for months to come. It's going to be a long hard road for him, but with help and encouragement from folks like you, they WILL get through this.

They are in my prayers, as are you. It seems as if all we get lately is bad news. But, as we say, "this too will pass". And we all WILL find comfort in each other and God's love and healing power!